Join Our Team: Part-Time Content Publisher for the Environmental Sustainability Rotary Action Group
Are you passionate about the environment and want to make a positive impact on the world? Would you enjoy working in an international setting, sharing content and visuals you helped produce? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Part-Time Content Publisher at the Environmental Sustainability Rotary Action Group (ESRAG)!
About Us: ESRAG is part of Rotary International, a global network of 1.4 million neighbors, friends, and leaders, volunteering our skills and resources to solve global and community needs. With over 4,000 friends and members around the globe, ESRAG provides inspiration, information, and resources to help Rotarians take effective environmental action, especially to mitigate and adapt to the humanitarian crisis of climate change.
Position Overview: As a Part-Time Content Publisher, you will play a crucial role in helping us spread our message and engage with our audience. You will be responsible for transferring and optimizing ESRAG’s newsletter articles and graphics so they can be shared from our blog and social media as well as creating an easily searchable library of past articles. You may be asked to create some graphics. Your work will help us raise awareness, inspire action, and drive positive change on important environmental issues.
- Transfer articles from ezStory, ESRAG’s email/newsletter system, to WordPress by the last Friday of the month or three days after the Newsletter is published
- Make sure there is content & graphics for ESRAG’s Social Media Content Manager to publish two weeks in advance for Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- Use SEO to improve article and social media engagement
- In the first week of the month, use Google Analytics to create reports from the main website and multi-sites including: number of visitors, number of unique visitors, length of visit, most visited pages, and update 12-month graph.
- Support Social Media Content Manager on creating content for social media and news articles.
- Meeting with the Publication and Promotion team every two weeks for 30 to 60 minutes.
- As time permits, congratulate people who submitted stories and ask them to share the link to their stories on their Rotary club, district, and zone social media pages.
- Strong passion for environmental issues and a desire to make a difference.
- Excellent English writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Graphic design or marketing experience or aspirations. Understanding of design preference for different target audiences. Knowledge of Canva is a plus but not required.
- Experience in content creation, blogging, or journalism. Knowledge of WordPress or other Content Management Systems is a plus but not required.
- Proficiency in social media platforms.
- Ability to work independently, collaborate, and meet deadlines,
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
What We Offer:
- A flexible part-time schedule to accommodate your other commitments.
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, international team dedicated to environmental sustainability and mitigating climate change.
- The chance to make a meaningful impact and contribute to positive change.
- Connections with environmental advocates around the globe.
- A supportive and inclusive work environment.
- $450 USD/month
How to Apply: If you are enthusiastic about the environment and possess the skills we are looking for, we encourage you to apply! Please send your resume, a cover letter outlining your interest and relevant experience to email@example.com with the subject line “Part-Time Content Publisher Application – [Your Name].”
Application Deadline: Sunday 29 October 11:59 UTC
Join us in our mission to protect and preserve our planet. Together, we can make a difference!