ESRAG inspires action around
environmental sustainability and climate change.
The Environmental Sustainability Rotary Action Group assists Rotary clubs, districts and multi-districts in:
- planning and implementing impactful and environmentally sustainable service projects
- educating and building awareness
- building global and local networks
- inspiring sustainable living/action
- supporting Rotary International’s environmental initiatives.
ESRAG inspires and empowers the Rotary family with extensive expertise, networks, education, and best practices to help implement sustainable and impactful environmental projects informed by our six themes: Biodiversity, Climate change, Food systems, Pollution, Circular Economy and Sustainable Living.
It is not necessary to be a member of a Rotary or Rotaract club to join ESRAG. All are welcome. Anyone who wants to share their expertise to make a positive difference can join our Environmental Sustainability Rotary Action Group. Only Rotarians, Rotaractors, and Rotary Peace Fellows can serve in leadership roles.
This Rotary Action Group operates in accordance with Rotary International policy, but is not an agency of, or controlled by, Rotary International.
As a member of ESRAG, you will play a vital role in this Rotary Action Group’s mission to protect the environment, promote environmental sustainability, build awareness, and inspire Rotary members, their and communities, and the institutions they lead to take action.
By joining, you’ll become a member of one of ESRAG’s 13 vibrant regional chapters throughout the world. Through ESRAG’s global online seminars and your regional chapter you’ll connect with inspiring, effective people who are giving their heart, expertise and time to collaborate to understand environmental issues and to preserve and protect all life on our planet.
Your annual dues strengthen Rotary’s new cause to implement critically needed environmental solutions through:
- Building partnerships to leverage Rotary’s local and global impact.
- Conferences and webinars, many recorded so Clubs can use them.
- Task forces providing free technical assistance to Rotarians on specific solutions.
- Website, newsletters, and social media posts providing news, access to up-to-date research, and project reports.
As a member you will:
- Have access to international expertise and a network of Rotarians working on environmental solutions in your region.
- Engage with partners and create opportunities for collaborations to work on solutions for the environment.
- Gain knowledge and expertise through training and learning opportunities, including meetings, webinars, training courses and events.
- Share stories and learn about successful projects and best practices worldwide.
- Develop your leadership potential, share your skills, collaborate, and gain recognition in your areas of passion and expertise by joining a task force, ESRAG’s Technical Resource Team, a regional chapter, or project team.
- Stay informed through ESRAG’s informative newsletters about projects, initiatives, educational opportunities and upcoming events.
- Access a robust and growing repository of resources for projects, best practices, and tool kits.
Annual Dues and Membership Levels
Your membership dues are the sole source of support for ESRAG’s website and administration costs. Annual dues are tax-deductible in the United States. We are grateful for your support!
- Regular: USD $30/year
- Contributing: USD $100/year
- Rotaractor >18 yrs old: USD $15/year
- Youth member 12-17 years old: No dues
Multi-year memberships dues are also available at the following levels.
- Regular: USD $125/5 years
- Contributing: USD $400/5 years
Please note: Annual Membership dues are for a 12-month period on a rolling basis. Multi-year membership rates provide the best deal. Renewals will be sent out via email (check your spam). If you are experiencing any issues please contact us.
ESRAG has established thirteen Regional Chapters to help Rotary’s districts and clubs realize their potential to build environmental sustainability. When ESRAG members meet and talk with each other in real time, we find new friendships and surprising approaches to daunting issues. The Regional Chapters foster these opportunities through regular Zoom meetings, including talks by experts on crucial issues, project reports, sharing of best practices, and fellowship.
ESRAG Committees and Working Groups
Please consider volunteering on one of ESRAG’s Committees or Working Groups. This is a great way to contribute to environmental sustainability. We need all kinds of professional abilities and viewpoints. We value your participation!
Is your membership up for renewal? ESRAG sends out emails on your renewal date (check your spam folder for our emails). Within this email there is a link to renew your membership. If you are experiencing any issues please contact us.
Who is eligible to join ESRAG?
Anyone is eligible to be a member of ESRAG. All are welcome and it is no longer necessary to be a member of a Rotary or Rotaract club to join ESRAG. Membership is open to anyone who wants to make a positive difference can join our Environmental Sustainability Rotary Action Group. Only Rotarians, Rotaractors, and Rotary Peace Fellows can serve in leadership roles.
How much are the ESRAG Annual Dues?
Multiple membership levels are available to accommodate individual circumstances.
You are free to pay membership dues at any of the following levels:
- Regular Member: US $ 30/year
- Contributing Member: US $ 100/year
- Rotaractor: US $ 15/year
Are multi-year Memberships available?
You may pay 5-year membership dues at the following levels:
- Regular Member: US $ 125/5 years
- Contributing Member: US $ 400/5 years
Why are there multiple membership dues levels?
Rotarian Action Groups are dependent upon membership dues to support their administrative costs. ESRAG would like to be as inclusive as possible.
What if I am eligible and active in environmental sustainable but not able to afford the annual dues?
I thought I had already joined ESRAG. Why do I need to register again?
Thank you to anyone who signed up as a charter and early member! Thanks to you, we were approved as a Rotary Action Group in 2015!
Now ESRAG is a non-profit organization with tax-exempt status in the United States. Annual dues enable us to support ESRAG’s administrative costs, including website maintenance, teleconferencing to support exchange between local and global groups, support staff and professional fees.
Can I benefit from ESRAG without being a member?
What are the benefits of being a member of ESRAG?
- Join ESRAG Regional Environmental Sustainability Forums
- Receive support on project development
- Ask for project advise based on Rotarians’ experience
- Share your expertise
- Contribute to local projects in a global forum
- Connect with fellow members in your Regional Chapter, through the iMembers database
How can I get more involved with ESRAG?
ESRAG is a volunteer driven organization. ESRAG’s administrative work is currently organized into six Divisions: Administration and Governance, Communications, Finance, Information Technology, Membership and Projects, each of which is headed by a Board member. We welcome members with relevant skills and interest to contribute to the administrative work of our organization. Join a committee to support our administrative work.
ESRAG’s organizational structure supports ESRAG substantive work around our Six themes: Biodiversity, Climate change, Food systems, Pollution, Circular Economy and Sustainable Living. Join a task force or start your own. Share your expertise and experience with environmental sustainability projects. Environmental sustainability is the product of many parts whose quality is incalculably greater than the simple sum of its parts.
By joining, you become a member of one of ESRAG’s 13 Regional Chapters. Your Regional Chapter leader will welcome you shortly after you join. ESRAG is a global organization with members in some 90 countries: ESRAG never sleeps. Regional Chapters connect members based on geographic proximity and convenient time zones and meet multiple throughout the year. Regional Chapters foster fellowship and sharing best practices, facilitate neighboring districts to collaborate on larger projects and may offer their own speaker series. Chapter members connect with each other through ESRAG’s iMembers database.
BECOMING A MEMBER
Membership Form &
Use the above form to become a new member of ESRAG and pay your dues. After you have paid your dues, we will contact you and ask that you then share more information about yourself.
Use the above form if you are a lapsed member. If you were a member long ago, but your membership is no longer current, please use this form.
If you are a current member and wondering when your membership expires, we will send you an email (to the email address we have on file) on your expiration date. For many of you, that will be around July 1. As of January 1, 2020, our annual membership year is based on a 12-month period starting on the day you join.
Please if you have any questions about your membership, or if you desire to change your email address with us.
Please consider our discounted five-year membership so as to not worry about renewing again in a year.
Other ways to take
action with ESRAG
Become a volunteer! Either on your own,
with a regional chapter, with your club
or your organization.
Donate to our programs
We have a number of programs both through ESRAG
and Rotary International that need your help.