To encourage, educate and offer support for renewable energy projects worldwide.
WHAT IS IT?
Rotary Ideas in Action
The Renewable Energy Task Force (RETF) was charged to explore various renewable energy options,
opportunities, and needs to implement renewable energy within the anticipated new
Rotary Area of Focus ‘Ensuring Environmental Sustainability’.
A Renewable Energy Task Force
The addition of solar panels will result in greater equity, make the home affordable, and benefit the community, the planet, and Habitat. Learn more about ESRAG’s Habitat Solar Initiative.
Task Force Objectives
Serve as a resource to encourage and
educate the Rotary Family to implement renewable
energy projects worldwide.
How we Help
- Technical Expertise – Serve as a technical resource referral center for Clubs, Districts, and Global Grant applicants on renewable energy projects throughout the project’s lifecycle.
- Projects – Facilitate the start of new renewable energy initiatives and projects, and hi-light existing projects.
- Advocacy – Serve as Renewable Energy Ambassadors to spread the word and provide presentations to local Clubs, Districts, and Globally at various Rotary functions.
Potential Renewable Energy Projects
- Renewable Power (Solar/Wind) to:
- Pump water
- Distribute water
- Treat water
- Heat water
- Charge cell phones
- Renewable Infrastructure
- Energy storage (Batteries)
- Solar photovoltaics (PV)
- Micro-hydro systems
- Clean Energy / Energy Efficiency & Conservation
- Clean transportation
- And many other possibilities….
Access to renewable energy, particularly electricity is the biggest driver in improving all aspects of quality of life in developing countries. Globally, almost a billion people do not have adequate access to electricity, if any electricity at all.
Given Rotary International’s global reach, credibility, and experience in developing countries, Rotary can play a significant role in addressing climate change through clean electricity provided by solar photovoltaics (PV), wind, and other renewable energy resources.
Encouraging renewable energy is an essential tool to enable all of Rotary’s Areas of Focus to be more closely aligned with the 17 UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. The anticipated AOF for the environment will enable the following UN SDGs to be encouraged and implemented in Rotary projects:
- Affordable and Clean Energy;
- Sustainable Cities and Communities;
- Responsible Consumption and Production;
- Climate Action;
- Life Below the Water;
- Life on Land.
Renewable energy is critical to:
- Producing affordable clean energy
- Improving air quality
- Mitigating climate change
- Bringing electricity to developing regions
- Building a sustainable future
- Building local and regional resilience
- Developing local wealth
- Developing skilled workforces
- Enableing energy independence
Encouraging renewable energy is an essential tool to enable all of Rotary’s Areas of Focus to be more closely aligned with the 17 UN’s Sustainable Development Goals for the environment.
ESRAG invites global Rotary members with interest, experience, and expertise in renewable energy to share their projects by clicking on the buttons below.”
Requirements to be on our Task Force
- Must be a member of ESRAG
- Must be a Rotarian/Rotaractor to serve in a leadership position
- Task Force meetings once a month
- Be passionate about renewable energy
Educational Videos and
Want to take action with Renewable Energy?
We are always looking for people like you wanting to make a real difference to our environment. Renewable Energy is one of the best ways to reduce Greenhouse Gases.